Recipe by Tebo
Easy quick appetizer. Make several and freeze them for use at a later time.
Top Review by SuzieQue
I've actually made this about five times already because my kids who are vegetarians love it! Easy to make ahead and travels well. Be sure to serve with salsa - that adds the perfect touch
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 5 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until well blended.
- Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, olives, onion, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Process beans in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of beans.
- Spread layer of cream cheese mixture over beans.
- Roll up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Cut into 3/4 inch slices (on a bias?).
- Serve with salsa.