Recipe by MyHappyEatings
A bright, colorful mix of crisp and tender bite-size vegetables with the protein of black beans. Pairs very well with mashed sweet potatoes and fish (or chicken).
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup black beans
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the seeds from the squash.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Chop all the veggies into cubes, a tiny bit larger than a corn kernel.
- In a non-stick skillet, add butter and olive oil over high heat.
- Add onions and peppers, cook about 3 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Add remaining veggies, cook 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste, cook 1 minute more, stirring gently.