Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This was something I made trying to clean up my fridge and use up stuff before it spoils.
- 4 green bell peppers, washed and seeded, As big as you can find
- 1⁄4 cup refried black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup salsa, as hot as you like
- 4 slices jalapeno pepper cheese or 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Slice the tops off the green peppers and pull out seeds.
- Place tops on bottom of slow cooker.
- Press Refried Beans in bottom of green peppers.
- Spoon Black Beans on top of Refried Beans.
- Spoon Salsa on top of Black Beans.
- Top each Pepper with a slice of Cheese.
- Set Peppers in bottom of slow cooker on top of the tops (The tops will keep the peppers from Burning).
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.