Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 mins
I make this frequently in the summertime. I make a fresh salsa in my food processor, give it a quick rinse and whip this up right after. The two dips are great together and make easy work for a bbq. I use this with everything from my Southwest Turkey Burgers (recipe posted) to a spread on tortillas with eggs in the morning. I just love that it's virtually fat-free but tastes great.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with tortilla chips or anything else you can think of!
This dip is heavenly. I added some sour cream to decrease the heat of the garlic and I cut out the lime juice. So creamy!
I was just about to post this from an old issue of Cooking Light, thanks for saving me the time!
This is very good. I ma a black bean lover and would eat near ANYTHING with black beans in it! I had it on toast for breakfast this morning, after serving it as a dip last night! Next time I think I will use half the lime juice though, as I would rather taste the beans than have the lime overpower.