Recipe by echo echo
I'm a fiend for black bean sauce so had to try this (tweaked slightly) when I saw it at the Uwajimaya website. Preparation time doesn't include time to cook rice (could also be served over noodles). I'm sure pork could substitute admirably for chicken.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb chicken, diced
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as asparagus, Asian eggplant, green beans, onions, zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch and sugar with 1/2 cup water.
- Stir-fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat until done.
- Add vegetables and black bean sauce; stir fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the chicken-vegetable mix.
- Bring to a full boil and continue to cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender and sauce is thick.
- Serve pver steamed rice.