Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a great, simple little appetizer to serve to friends on a casual visit. Also very versatile, you can add pretty much anything that you would like! (black olives, green chiles, green onion, etc.)
- 1 (1 cup) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 fajita-size flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- On half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1/4 beans and cheese.
- Heat half of oil in a large nonstick skillet to medium high.
- Fold tortilla over filling, place carefully into skillet, 2 per batch (after making the first batch, add oil as needed to ensure a nice, golden brown color on the tortillas).
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown on each side.
- Remove, pat dry with paper towels, place onto plate, cut into 4 wedges, and garnish with cilantro and tomato, with a dollop of sour cream on the side, if desired.