Recipe by packeyes
A lunch idea from body + soul.
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very simple and satisfying! I used a spinach tortilla and toasted it in the toaster oven instead of microwaving. I served it with salsa and sour cream. You could use different beans, vegetables or cheeses with this one. I think broccoli would be good. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, mashed with a fork
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread black beans on half of the tortilla.
- Spread the spinach on top of the black beans.
- Spread the cheese on top of the spinach.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- When time to heat up, cover tortilla with a napkin and heat in the microwave until heated through 1 - 1.5 minutes.
- Top with salsa and enjoy :).