Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great for a cold day. Simple to make for the someone on the go.
Make and share this Black Bean & Pumpkin Herb Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can creamed corn
- On medium heat, cook onions, potatoe, & garlic until sofened.
- Chop all herbs and add to mixture.
- Add the 3 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- add pumpkin & black bean, bring to second boil.
- Using a hand blender or a regular blender, puree the soup. (if you are using a regular blender, puree soup in small batches).
- Put soup back in pot, add creamed corn & heat.
- (Dress soup however you wish, Grated monterey jack cheese, sour cream or guacemole go great).