Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These looked exquisite and tasted great! I needed to make a dish for a vegetarian, a person who is lactose intolerant, and two toddlers along with other guests who were none of the above. I messed around with a few recipes and came up with this one that pleased everyone. I was even asked for the recipe, and one person asked to take home the leftovers. The recipe is fairly flexible. You can also add 1 can of corn and/or 1 chopped bell pepper, or a small can of chopped green chilies (drained). You can also use regular cheese, regular lasagna noodles, and cottage or ricotta cheese for the tofu.
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack-style soy cheese (Veggie Shreds) or 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided (Veggie Shreds)
- 1 (15 ounce) container silken tofu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- fresh cilantro stem (for decoration)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well. Rinse with cold water and lay individually on kitchen towels.
- While noodles are cooking, combine 1 cup of soy cheese, tofu, chili powder, taco seasoning, salt and chopped cilantro. Add black beans.
- Spoon mixture onto lasagna noodles. Roll up noodles, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow ends.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 8 ounces of salsa on the bottom. Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top with 16 ounces of salsa. Dish can be covered and frozen or refrigerated until ready to use.
- If going straight into the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with remaining 1 cup of soy cheese and bake 5 more minutes. (To serve from a frozen state, cover and cook one hour.)
- To serve, garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
It's true! These look beautiful! They taste pretty good too. Next time I make them I will play with the flavor a little. I tend to like things with a big punch and these were more mild. Very healthy and fun recipe. Thanks ShaGun!!
Wonderful! Thank you for posting!
This was great! Was a hit with my boyfriend and I, I will certainly making this again.