Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and super fast.
Make and share this Black Bean Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Place beans, garlic, sea salt, cumin, tahini and lemon or lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add a small amount of reserved bean liquid for desired texture.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with pita bread, crusty bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.
This was a pretty good dip although I thought the taste of the tahini was a smidge too strong. I added 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper to add some zip to the recipe and I am very happy I did so.
This is really great! I opted to use the lime juice. It turned out great, and is even better the next day. I'll make this again; thanx for posting.
This stuff is great! Used lime juice, added x-tra garlic and a dash of crushed red pepper because we like a little heat. 10 stars! :)