- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Place beans, garlic, sea salt, cumin, tahini and lemon or lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add a small amount of reserved bean liquid for desired texture.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with pita bread, crusty bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.