Recipe by Spicy Pancake
This recipe was originally designed for soup, but when I put it through the blender, it came out as the best bean dip I've been able to find! (Of course, if yours is better, feel free to send me the recipe)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lemon
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump beans into colander and rinse until water runs through clear.
- Heat olive oil in bottom of large soup pot to medium high.
- Add onions and carrots.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, then introduce the garlic.
- 2 minutes later, add cilantro, coriander, cumin, and cayenne.
- Squeeze lemon into pan (no seeds!), stir, add chicken/veggie stock.
- Add beans and bay leaves.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Remove bay leaves, blend to desired consistency.