Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I took a basic black bean/corn salad recipe and tweaked it to my taste. I hope you'll like it too. My teenagers even loved it and they normally won't touch anything with beans in it. We used it as a salsa with chips and also as a side to our meal of chicken soft tacos. This has a slightly sweet spicy taste. I used a can of mild tomatoes/peppers but if you like heat, then you will probably want to spice it up a bit more. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup diced onion (I used white)
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel mild diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar, in the raw
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix all ingredients and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or eat all by itself.