Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one is easy and quick to make, healthy and very tasty. Great to take to work or to a picnic. It's from Homemakers magazine. Tastes great when served with tortilla chips too!
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (341 ml) can corn kernels, drained & rinsed
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup any vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together till well blended.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add dressing to the big bowl and toss well.
Other than using frozen corn I made no changes. I served this with chicken tacos for a quick lunch and we snacked on the rest with chips. The salad has great flavor and is very colorful. I agree it would be a nice picnic item. Thank you for sharing your recipe! *reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2007*
I give this an A +. We really enjoyed this salad. Nice texture and flavor. GREAT side dish! Thank you!! This is now in my favorites file!