Got this recipe from my nutritionist. I use nearly twice as much Swiss Chard than the recipe calls for, but feel free to experiment, and use however much you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cups coarsely chopped swiss chard leaves
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and garlic; saute until tender and golden, about 9 minutes.
- 3Add squash; stir 2 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cinnamon, and cumin. Stir in beans, broth, and tomatoes with juices. Bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in chard; simmer until chard is tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes longer.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Ladle chili into bowls and serve. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or red onion if desired.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Chili With Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 280.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: