Recipe by Chef Milano
Vegetarian home made Southwestern style burger - healthier than store bought veggie burgers. Perfect for freezing and taking one (or a couple) out at a time.
- 2 chilies
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 cups mexican cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the chilis and cilantro.
- Either mash or lightly process the beans in a food processor.
- Beat the 2 eggs.
- Crush the garlic or finely chop it.
- Place everything in a bowl and mix it up. Your hands are probably the best tool, as you'll end up kneading.
- Roll the whole thing into a large sausage shape (however big you want the burgers to be) and cut into slices. If you chill the sausage for a while, cutting will be easier, but that isn't a must.
- Saute the patties at low heat till browned on each side. This might take about 10 minutes to do it right.
- Serve how you like your burger.