Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low Fat Brownies Awesome
Make and share this Black Bean Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or 1 teaspoon espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip, divided
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x9 square baking pan with butter.
- Puree beans with oil(do not rinse beans just drain). Add the eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee, adn vanilla. Melt half of the chocolate chips and add to the blender. Blend on med high until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the blender and pulse until just incorporated. stir in the remianing chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle about 20 minutes Let cool at least 15 mins before cutting and removing from the pan. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
- Makes 12 servings.