Recipe by sofie-a-toast
delicous healthy wrap. I generally don't like quinoa but it is so flavorful here!
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- Cotija cheese or feta cheese
- cheddar cheese
- 4 large tortillas or 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- salsa (optional()
Directions See How It's Made
- First, make the quinoa. In a saucepan, saute the shallot and garlic in a little bit of olive oil until translucent.
- Add the quinoa and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes until broth is absorbed. Stir in pepper to taste, lime juice, butter, and cilantro.
- Add the beans to the quinoa and stir until heated through.
- Meanwhile, begin to heat the tortillas one at a time by lighlty oiling a frying pan and placing the tortilla flat on the bottom. Cover with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and cover the pan. Fry until the cheese is melted and the bottom is lightly browned.
- Once tortillas are done, layer in the middle with a row of spinach leaves, quinoa mixture, feta cheese, and avocado. Add salsa if you want. Roll up like a burrito and enjoy! MAke sure you roll while the tortilla is still warm or else it will get stiff and difficult to handle.