Recipe by stephapalooza
An easy and satisfying recipe. Leftovers reheat well the following day for lunch.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to take to a neighborhood get-together, following the recipe right on down & then before setting them out, I cut them all in half! Now to worry, They were devoured in no time & apparently with great satisfaction! I'm not big on cooked spinach, that that doesn't stop me from making recipes like this that I know others will enjoy! Thanks for sharing your enchilada dish! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup light cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In skillet set over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Cook for three minutes, then add spices and cook another two minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add sweet potatoes, half the cheese and black beans and stir to combine. Add a bit of salt if you want.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Place about a 1/2 cup of filling in each tortilla, and fold (or roll, depending on softness of shells.) Mix salsa and sour cream, then pour over enchiladas and sprinkle on remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, covered, then remove cover for 5 minutes to let cheese melt.