1/2 Photos of Black Bean and Soyrizo Chili
Shannon Holmes's Note:
Mark loves this chili, it is wonderful :) http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/display/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=428085 It is the above recipe made vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 198.44 g can chipotle chiles in adobo
- cooking spray
- 591.47 ml chopped onions, divided
- 354.88 ml chopped green bell peppers
- 354.88 ml chopped red bell peppers
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 177.44-236.59 ml frieda soy chorizo, removed from casing (soy based spanish sausage, by the tofu in the produce section)
- 22.18 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 3 (1275.72 g) can black beans, drained
- 3 (1190.67 g) can whole canned tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 240.97 g can no-salt-added corn, drained or 240.97 g can frozen corn
- 42.52 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 177.44 ml nonfat sour cream
- baked corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1Remove 2 chiles from can; finely chop, reserving remaining chiles and sauce for another use.
- 2Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chiles, 1 3/4 cups onion, bell peppers, garlic, and soyrizo; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Add chili powder and next 7 ingredients (chili powder through corn), stirring to combine.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in chocolate, salt, and black pepper.
- 8Ladle 1 cup chili into each of 12 bowls.
- 9Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon onion.
- 10Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Soyrizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo