Prep 8 mins
Cook 6 mins
I adapted a previous version of this great salad to include some really awesome and complimentary flavors to the grilled chicken, the mangos - and of course, to the black beans. Plus, this is a great way to get rid of leftover grilled or roasted chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice or 1⁄2 cup of wishbone rosemary lime vinaigrette or 1⁄2 cup marinade
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar, tbsp
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves or 2 tablespoons mango preserves or 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- For the salad;
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl. Refrigerate. Serve with baked tortilla crisps if desired.
- For the Tortilla crisps;
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F Coat rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Coat the tortillas on both sides with the cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into thin strips (pizza cutter works great) and place on the baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.
WOW!!! This was awesome! DH and I made this for some friends we had over, and they were so impressed! It's beautiful, first of all (I really wish I could have posted a picture!), and the flavor is out of this world! Quite easy, too. Oh, we did sprinkle cinnamon on the chicken breast while cooking. And we did not use onions or peppers, because DH can't have them. SOOOOO good, though! Wow, thanks steph, for introducing us to the beauty of mango!