Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted a previous version of this great salad to include some really awesome and complimentary flavors to the grilled chicken, the mangos - and of course, to the black beans. Plus, this is a great way to get rid of leftover grilled or roasted chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice or 1⁄2 cup of wishbone rosemary lime vinaigrette or 1⁄2 cup marinade
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar, tbsp
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves or 2 tablespoons mango preserves or 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- For the salad;
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl. Refrigerate. Serve with baked tortilla crisps if desired.
- For the Tortilla crisps;
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F Coat rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Coat the tortillas on both sides with the cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into thin strips (pizza cutter works great) and place on the baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container until ready to use.