Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From the blog "A Year of Slow Cooking". This recipe is for the mini Little Dipper slow cooker. It can be doubled for a slightly larger slow cooker, or do what I did, using a heat-safe bowl and a larger slow cooker. I'm guessing on servings - I ate most of this instead of dinner.
- 8 ounces refried black beans (1/2 of a can)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 -5 slices goat cheese, about 2 to 3 ounces
- Mix all of the ingredients except the cheese in a Little Dipper (If you don't have one, mix in a small heat proof bowl). (Note - this was very spicy, so reduce the cayenne if you don't want it that hot).
- Top with the cheese and heat for 1 to 2 hours. (If you don't have a Little Dipper, place a rack in your slow cooker - I use canning jar rings - and pour about 1/2 in of hot water into the slow cooker, Place paper towels under the lid and heat for around 1 1/2 hours on High).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This a nice dip that we enjoyed last night. Made this as written, and the cumin brings out a nice zing to this. We all enjoyed this with some tortilla chips. Tagged and made for PRMR.