Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is just about the easiest soup that you can make and it has that southwestern flavor that my family loves. Just serve it with a salad and bread of choice and you have a warm meal on a cool night.
Top Review by Latchy
I did this recipe on the stove as I don't have a crockpot. I also sliced and browned the chicken breasts. I cooked it for about 20mins. I enjoyed the recipe but I think I would cut back a bit on the corn next time I do it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, wahsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray Crock-pot with Pam.
- Pour both cans of corn into crock-pot.
- Pour beans on top of corn.
- Pour 1/3 of the salsa on top of corn and beans, stir.
- Place chicken on top of mixture, salt and pepper to taste; cover with the remaining salsa.
- Cook on high until chicken is tender (approximately 4 to 5 hours).
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese.