Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a terrific fast and easy lunch with ingredients you have on hand. Feel free to substitute. I prefer to cook this with the rice inside the quesadilla.
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 16 ounces shredded cheese (use multiple cheeses or your preference)
- 16 ounces black beans
- 7 ounces yellow rice
- sour cream
- chopped scallion
- Place 4 tortillas on a griddle on medium heat and top with cheese, black beans, and corn.
- Place remaining tortillas on top.
- Press down firmly with a spatula and flip to brown on the other side (1 to 2 minutes).
- When heated through, remove quesadillas to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges.
- Place warm yellow rice in the center of the plate, arranging quesadilla wedges around the outside of the plate.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream and garnish with chopped scallions.
Quick, easy, and very tasty! We enjoyed this as a light supper. I liked it as is, but one son used some salsa with his. I had trouble with the flipping of the quesadillas, so I resorted to putting them in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese inside. The corn was left out of the ingredients list. I used a 14.5 oz. can of whole kernel sweet corn. We will have again and again I am sure. Thanks for posting. Made for Cool Beans! photo event.