Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy recipe using convenient ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 flour tortillas, heated
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion and cumin and saute, cooking 2 minutes.
- Add beans, reduce heat and cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with 2T bean mixture and 2T monterey jack.
- Roll and place in greased baking pan, seam side down.
- Continue until all tortillas are filled.
- Spoon enchilada sauce over all enchiladas.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle enchiladas with cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted, or slightly toasted to preference.