Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Betty Crocker Best Cupcakes & More
- chocolate cake mix, with creamy vanilla filling (for cupcakes- Betty Crocker Chocolate cupcakes FUN da-middles)
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cupcake mix box
- 6 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup pearl sugar
- 2 tablespoons betty crocker decorating decors and chocolate sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 12 muffin cups.
- Make cupcake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs.
- Fill each muffin cup about one-third full with batter.
- Squeeze filling pouch 20 times; cut off corner of pouch at cut line.
- In medium bowl, squeeze filling. Stir in crushed cookies.
- Divide filling among muffin cups, making sure filling does not touch sides.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling, making sure filling is completely covered.
- Bake 24 to 29 minutes. Cool 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan to cooling rack. Cool.
- Mix powdered sugar and salt. Gradually add whipping cream and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer half of frosting to small microwavable bowl; stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Frost half of each cupcake with chocolate frosting. Frost other half with white frosting.
- Garnish edge of cupcakes with sugar and sprinkles.