From Betty Crocker Best Cupcakes & More
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- chocolate cake mix, with creamy vanilla filling (for cupcakes- Betty Crocker Chocolate cupcakes FUN da-middles)
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cupcake mix box
- 6 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pearl sugar
- 2 tablespoons betty crocker decorating decors and chocolate sprinkles
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan).
- 2Place paper baking cup in each of 12 muffin cups.
- 3Make cupcake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs.
- 4Fill each muffin cup about one-third full with batter.
- 5Squeeze filling pouch 20 times; cut off corner of pouch at cut line.
- 6In medium bowl, squeeze filling. Stir in crushed cookies.
- 7Divide filling among muffin cups, making sure filling does not touch sides.
- 8Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling, making sure filling is completely covered.
- 9Bake 24 to 29 minutes. Cool 20 minutes.
- 10Remove cupcakes from pan to cooling rack. Cool.
- 11Mix powdered sugar and salt. Gradually add whipping cream and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- 12Transfer half of frosting to small microwavable bowl; stir in chocolate chips.
- 13Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until chips can be stirred smooth.
- 14Cool 5 minutes.
- 15Frost half of each cupcake with chocolate frosting. Frost other half with white frosting.
- 16Garnish edge of cupcakes with sugar and sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black and White Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: