Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From today's Weekend magazine.
- 500 g cottage cheese, crumbled (known as "paneer" in Hindi)
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 liter fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 3 -4 drops vanilla essence
- mint leaf, for garnishing
- extra strawberry, for garnishing
- Boil milk in a wide pan.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and cornflour diluted in a little milk.
- Cool till just warm.
- Gradually add the mixture to the paneer.
- Stir well.
- Cook, stirring continuously, till the mixture is thick.
- Add strawberries.
- Mix well.
- Pour into individual serving bowls.
- Garnish with nuts, strawberries and mint leaves.
- Serve in style!