Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorite cookie recipes!Crisp buttery cookies with plenty of anise and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.These are really good with steamy cup of Mexican hot chocolate on a cold winter evening.
- Beat the sugar until fluffy,add the sugar and cream together.Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.Add about half of the flour and mix.Crush the anise seeds with a rolling pin or between your fingers to release the oils and add along with the remaining ingridients(except cinnamon sugar).Beat thoroughly.Add the remaining flour mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill the dough at least 3 hours or overnight.The dough may also be wrapped tightly and frozen for future use.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface,roll out 1/2 of the dough with a floured rolling pin until it is about 1/8 of an inch thick.Cut into desited shapes and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.Sprinkle the cookies with a little cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.Remove to a rack to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.