Prep 3 mins
Cook 22 mins
Cherries covered with chocolate. A bitter but sweet taste.
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- lemon, zest of
- 2 dozen pitted cherries, with stems
- 6 ounces melted bittersweet chocolate
- Combine the wine, sugar and zest in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cherries and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the cherries cool in the pan.
- Remove the cherries from the saucepan and drain thoroughly.
- Holding each cherry by its stem, dip into the melted bittersweet chocolate.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.