Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in Real Simple Magazine. Please let me know how it is!
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (at least 70% cocoa)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cocoa powder (preferably infused with a vanilla bean)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until foamy.
- Add the sugar and whisk 1 minute or until light and frothy. Blend in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, whisking to blend each time.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 8" cake or springform pan.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted 1" from the edge comes out clean (when the skewer is inserted in the center, a bit of moist batter should cling to it).
- When cool, sift cocoa power over top of cake.