Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice appetizer dish from the Amarula Cream website. General guidelines for concerting C temps to F: Fairly low: 160 deg C = 325 deg F Moderate: 180 deg C = 350 deg F Hot: 200 deg C = 400 deg F. Slightly modified. :)
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- seasoned flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons Amarula cream liqueur
- 2 teaspoons seasoned sea salt
- 12 bay leaves
- 12 toothpicks
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- dried apricot, garnish (optional)
- Prepare the drumsticks by cutting the skin loose around the bone and pushing in down with a scraping movement, using a small sharp knife.
- Cover exposed bone with foil.
- Dust meat lightly with seasoned flour.
- Mix the chives, marmalade, lemon, Amarula Cream and salt together.
- Coat the drumsticks in this mixture and arrange in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 200 degrees (200 deg C = 400 deg F) for 45 minutes until crispy; Remove the foil.
- May be served warm or at room temperature.
- For Serving (garnish):.
- Wrap a bayleaf around each exposed bone-tip. Secure the leaf with a toothpick or porcupine quill. **TIP: It may be helpful to soften the bay leaf in a pan of heatd water to make them pliable and avoid the leaves being brittle and breaking or snapping when you atttempt to wrap these. ;).
- Serve on a bed of brown rice or your favorite starch.
- Enjoy! ;).
These were delicious! I served them as appetizers and they made a great finger food. We all agreed that this sauce would be wonderful over rice. Next time I'll probably use chicken breasts - pushing the skin down the bone was more work than I expected, lol. Thanks Mommy for a real treat!