Recipe by evelyn/athens
a deliciously easy cake that is only as good as the chocolate you use to make it.
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, best quality
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle bottom and sides with sugar.
- Tap out excess.
- Wrap foil around bottom and 2 inches up around outside of pan.
- Combine butter and chocolate and melt, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl to blend.
- Mix in flour.
- Stir in warm chocolate and pour into pan.
- Set springform pan into a larger baking pan and pour enough boiling water in baking pan to come ½ inch up sides of cake.
- Bake until top is firm and toothpick inserted in center come out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour.
- Remove from water and cool completely.
- Transfer to platter; release pan sides.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- (a few choice raspberries wouldnt be totally out of place here either.).