Recipe by Sage
This recipe is versatile; you can add or change any of the vegetables. Keep it fresh and light.Have grated Parmesan cheese and the pepper mill on the table. Serve with a crusty bread and enjoy a taste of summer.
Top Review by realbirdlady
Simple and tasty. The topping has a nice fresh texture, since the pepper, tomatoes, and olives are just stirred in and warmed, not simmered into sauce. I roasted a green pepper, which helped give a nice color combination.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, slivered
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and shallots, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook another 5 minutes stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add roasted red pepper, olives, parsley, pesto and tomatoes.
- Stir together and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile cook linguini in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Drain and toss with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to taste; garnish with basil leaves.