Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very very good! This was my first attempt at making quiche and I am so proud! Try using Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese instead of sausage and Italian cheese. Cook time includes standing time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 cup cooked sausage
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 7⁄8 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the crust, stir Bisquick and butter until blended. Add boiling water and stir quickly until soft dough forms. Press the dough into the pie plate bottom and up the sides.
- Sprinkle the cheese, sausage and parsley over the crust.
- Mix together the milk, butter, eggs and onion powder. Add the basil. Pour into the crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.