Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Crispy old fashioned pancakes. Sometimes try them with hot gravy alongside leftover roast.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups finely shredded uncooked potatoes, well drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt shortening in large skillet. Beat eggs with rotary beater, until fluffy; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot shortening.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. About 18 pancakes.
- Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook.
These were pretty good. My mom used to make potato pancakes all the time from leftover mashed potatoes. These are quite different. I think next time I make them I'll add some pepper and finely chopped onion for a bit more zing.