Recipe by Debaylady
Another recipe from my aunt's cookbook. This recipe was submitted by Myrtle Hickman. Aunt Anna loved pineapple cake and pineapple homemade ice cream. This is quick and oh, so tasty! I love the memories that come with this recipe. It is a nice treat to whip up when you have company and need something quick.
Top Review by eppers76
YummO! I did make some changes: I didn't use walnuts, I used pineapple bits not chunks (its what I had on hand), I used butter substitute (again, all I had on hand). It turned out wonderful. Everyone loves it!
- 566.99 g can chunk pineapple
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter, sliced
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml Bisquick
- 29.58 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup syrup.
- Pat pineapple chunks dry.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter.
- Beat reserved juice with the egg, Bisquick and white sugar for 30 seconds.
- Spread Bisquick mixture in a greased and floured 9-inch round baking pan.
- Top with half of the walnut mixture, next all the pineapple, and then remaining walnut mixture.
- Bake at preheated 400 degrees oven for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool and serve.