Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have always made this, I got the recipe from the back of the Bisquick Box.
Make and share this Bisquick Impossible Tuna Melt Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 3⁄4 cups cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking dish.
- Cook and stir onions and butter in skillet over low heat until onions are light brown. Sprinkle tuna, 1 cup of the cheese and the onions in baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, baking mix, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese to within 1 inch from edge. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. The pie can be done even though some melted cheese adheres to knife.
this was excellent. i used 3 small cans tuna. It was very simple to make. thanks for the great recipe!!
Delicious dish for a "fish" Friday.
One of my favorite childhood recipes!