Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is such an easy bread to make just mix and bake, no need for any kneading, shape into one large or a few small loaves or drop the dough from a heaping tablespoonful onto baking sheet for biscuits --- to save time I prepare a couple of loaves early in the afternoon, shape and season them cover with plastic wrap and just keep refrigerated until ready to bake, I make this recipe with original brand Bisquick, so I cannot promise the same results if prepared with a clone --- these are at their best when served warm from the oven, so prepare them early refrigerate and pop into the oven just before dinner! :)
Top Review by ms.susan
WONDERFUL biscuits! I used a good aged cheddar the the flavour really came through! They turned out nice and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy inside! Like another reviewer I used an ice cream scoop and made 8 delicious biscuits! Thanks for another winner KittenCal!
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400°F (convection bake if possible).
- Grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix/toss together the baking mix with grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Add in the water, and mix with hands until well combined.
- Shape the dough into one oval-shaped loaf, or even better into smaller oval shaped balls, or drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet for biscuits.
- Transfer to cookie/baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and dried parsley.
- At this point, let dough rest, covered loosely with plastic or a clean tea towel in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes before baking.
- Remove from fridge and bake for 25 minutes, or until brown in color (bake less time for smaller size balls or biscuits, the dough will spread when baked).
- Remove from oven, cut in slices, serve warm.