Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This batter always turns out light and fluffy, I also like to add in some cayenne pepper :)
Make and share this Bisquick Beer-Batter Fish Fry recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients; add beer to get a sticky consistency for dipping.
- Salt fish; dip in batter.
- Deep fry until fish is golden brown.
- Note: a thicker cut of fish would be more suitable for this recipe such as Snapper, Walleye White Bass White Perch etc.
The batter had a good flavor, but found it difficult to work with due to the thickness. I added about an extra 2 oz. of beer to thin it out a little. I added a couple of dashes of cayenne for some heat. I used tilapia filets for the fish, which were thin but worked out fine. I loved the texture that the cornmeal lent... filets were nice & crispy!
I didn't have any beer on hand, so I used milk and it was still great tasting. I sprinkle the fried fish with malt vinegar to get the malt flavor. thanks!
This was really good and a bit better than the Arthur Treacher's recipe I have used before. I used Grolsch beer and had to add a bit more to thin it out. I also added some more water to thin it out. Next time I think I will omit the corn meal because I didn't like the graininess of it. Over all a delicious batter and a definite keeper! My family really liked it.