Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
need a quick elegant ending to a meal? This is it!
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10"x4" tube pan.
- Beat bisquick, sugar, flour, margarine, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt in large bowl on low speed, scraping bowl frequently, for about 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar and the water to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 2 minutes; cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- Slowly drizzle over cake.
- Press the Apricot Preserves through a sieve.
- Heat preserves and sugar to boiling, sitrring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly; spread over top, allowing some to drizzle down sides.