- 2 lbs cubed bison meat
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in small amount of oil in large kettle or Dutch oven, then add onions and cook until golden.
- Add tomato sauce, carrots, peeled tomatoes, seasonings and cover.
- Cook one hour over very low heat.
- Add potatoes and 1/2 cup water, if needed.
- Cover and cook 1/2 hour over very low heat.
- (For a variation: transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with rich biscuits. Place in hot oven at 425-F until biscuits are toasty brown.).