Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I had leftover meat loaf and 1 can of "Grands" canned biscuits. This will make a meal with a salad. You can use your own biscuit recipe for rolled biscuits. (The photos have small diced chicken)
- 709.77 ml cooked ground beef or 709.77 ml cooked ground turkey or 709.77 ml shredded cooked chicken
- 1 beaten egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 3 green onions, sliced fine or 118.29 ml diced white onion
- 1 large cherry pepper, stemmed & chopped with seeds (optional)
- 118.29 ml finely sliced celery
- 3 fresh baby carrots, grated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml mayonnaise or 9.85 ml Miracle Whip
- 490.44 g can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Pam cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, add 3 cups cooked crumbled meat, egg, water, miracle whip onions, cherry pepper, celery and grated carrots. Usually cooked meat is already seasoned.
- If it is bland, add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Slice biscuits horizontally, into 16 rounds.
- Use a serrated blade to slice through dough. Clean cut and easy to do. Roll each half in flour on both sides.
- Take a floured glass or rolling pin and flatten and widen the each round to 5 or 6 inches or wider. These half pies are large.
- Spray Pam on a baking sheet or use non stick baking sheet. When filled these half pies will be large.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Proportion the filling between the 16 rounds. Use a slotted spoon when filling, so liquid drains.You want the taste not the moisture.
- Take one half of biscuit round and fold over to cover and seal only the edges after folding.
- Carefully lift with spatula to baking tray.
- Bake about 17 to 18 minutes.Watch the top of the rounds. If it is still moist, cook a little more. I have baked some at least 20 minutes. I think it depends on the weather.
- Note: A dark baking pan cooks baked goods faster than a light baking pan.
- Serve with cheese sauce,white pepper gravy, sweet and sour sauce or sweet white sauce. My hubby likes to pick up and dip in ranch dressing. This could be sack lunch also.