Recipe by MA HIKER
Packaged biscuit mix supplies the flour, shortening, leavening, and salt. You add nuts, white baking pieces, and sugar. You can also package this in a jar to give as gifts (see last note in directions)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups low-fat biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix white baking pieces, brown sugar, packaged biscuit mix, and almonds.
- Melt butter; add to cookie mix along with egg and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown around edges and center is almost set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- GIFT PACKAGING DIRECTIONS: Layer in a 1-quart glass jar or canister the following ingredients: white baking pieces, half the brown sugar, half the biscuit mix, remaining brown sugar, remaining biscuit mix, and almonds. Tap jar gently on the counter to settle each layer before adding the next. Cover jar and store at room temperature up to 1 month, or attach baking directions and give as a gift.