Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another very simple do-ahead dessert best made the day before so the biscuits have time to soften. Almost a "cheats" tiramasu - always get asked for the recipe. Time does not include overnight chill time.
- 300 ml heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 1⁄4 cup black coffee, strong
- 250 g chocolate biscuits
- Place thickened cream in small bowl and orange rind and beat until softly whipped.
- Combine orange juice and coffee in another bowl. Dip biscuits one at a time in the mixture.
- Using only half the cream place a spoonful on each biscuit and lay the biscuits side by side on a plate to form a log.
- Spread remaining cream over the log, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight preferably.
- To serve slice the log on the diagonal with a serrated knife.
- Serve with grated chocolate over the top and berries alongside.