Recipe by wjorma
A birthday treat presented to me for my 6oth birthday. This is really good with a large salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Even though I chose to make this recipe (actually I halved it), I had a feeling it'd taste too sweet, but happily I was wrong! It is sweet, but the garlic & lemon blended right in to make this very great tasting! Thanks for sharing! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions or 2 cups leeks
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the chicken and cut into 6 serving pieces. Pat chicken dry and place into a long glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Using a cast-iron fry pan melt butter on medium and quickly stir in the sugar stirring constantly until melted and caramel color. Lower heat and add the onions or leeks. Stir to coat onions then pour directly over the chicken. Add the parsley,lemon pepper, garlic salt and lemon juice.
- Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.