Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have given lots of these to neighbors and friends at holidays..they are always appreciated.
Make and share this Bird Treats in a Jar Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup millet bird seed
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Layer first 4 ingredients.oatmeal, brown sugar, whole sunflower seeds and millet birdseed in a one quart wide mouth jar, set aside.
- Combine cornmeal and flour, layer on top, packing down firmly.secure lid and attach following instructions:.
- Place mix in a medium bowl, add 1 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup water.mix well.
- Spread in an ungreased 13x9 pan --.
- Score into 4" x 2" squares.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool --.
- Cut into bars.
- We hang these in suet feeders or onion sacks.birds love them.