Member #610488's Note:
Although this dish used to be considered poor man’s fare, it’s an undeniable favorite with Koreans of every social class. This recipe is from a local Korean restaurant. Just like any savory pancakes, this should be eaten immediately when it’s hot. They get tough once they’ve cooled down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried split mung beans, rinsed in a few change of water
- 1/4 cup short-grain rice, rinsed
- 1/3 lb ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage kimchi, chopped
- 4 ounces mung beans, sprout blanched squeezed to remove moisture
- 3 ounces fiddleheads, sliced (Korean wild fern-optional)
- 1/2 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Combine rinsed mung beans and rice in a large bowl. Add cold water and soak for at least 6 hours up to 24 in the fridge. Drain and rinse them. Set aside.
- 2Season minced pork with garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 3Put the beans and rice in the blender and process with 1/4 cup water. Add 1/2 cup kimchi juice for the blade to turn and stir a bit in the process so that they can blend easily. Do not over puree, it should be coarsely smooth. Pour the mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Mix in pork, kimchi, mung bean sprouts, and fern with pureed beans and rice in the bowl.
- 5Add soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 6Heat generous amount of oil in the skillet over medium heat and and spread 2-3 Tablespoonful of batter. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until it get brown crisp. Add more oil if the pan seems dry.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bindaetteok (Korean Mung Bean Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 343.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: