1/1 Photo of Bill's Super Bowl Navy Bean Soup
4 hrs 25 mins
Chef 1086570 pigpurple's Note:
I love navy bean soup. Heck I more than love it. Thats why I made 10 or 12 batches to come up with this recipe. On a cold day or night this will warm your heart body and mind. It may also cure the flu. Maybe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ham bone
- 16 ounces dried navy beans (give or take)
- 2 onions, chopped (not sweet)
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped (yukon gold if possible)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1Soak beans for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2Fill up a round dutch oven with water, leaving enough room for beans.
- 3Add ham hock and boil for 15 minutes uncovered.
- 4Add dry seasonings, cover and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 5Add beans and the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Cover and simmer for at least 4 hours.
- 6Every hour or so uncover and stir, I like to cook it till the beans start to break open. I hope you enjoy it.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bill's Super Bowl Navy Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: