Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Bill Granger
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 40 g butter, melted, cooled
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups baby english spinach
- 16 slices gravlax
- 1 telegraph cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 125 g lemon butter
- Place eggs, milk and melted butter in a bowl and whisk until combined. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, gradually add egg mixture and beat until smooth. Allow to rest for 2 hours (or overnight, if possible).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and ladle 4 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of spring onions over pancake. Turn pancake and cook on the other side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
- For the lemon butter, heat the juice of two lemons in a small pan over medium heat. Whisk in 125g unsalted butter in small pieces until melted and combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place a pancake on each plate, top with 1 cup of baby spinach, 4 slices of gravlax and a pile of cucumber ribbons. Spoon lemon butter around, but not on top of, the pancake.