Chun Yao Bang (Fried Scallion Pancake)
- Ready In:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons Crisco, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- oil (for frying) (optional)
- soy sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Mix together the flour and water until a dough is formed. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for a few minutes. Place in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside for 30 minutes. Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness. Spread a thin layer of Crisco on the top, sprinkle with salt, and then press a layer of green onions into the dough.
- Roll the pancake like a rug, roll it up like a snail, then roll onto a floured surface to a 1/8 inch thickness, pushing any green onions that escape back into the dough.
- Fry in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a skillet. Cook for approximately 3 minutes on one side then flip and cook for 2 more minutes before placing the pancake onto a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining quarter dough pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!