Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe but I've wanted to try it.
Make and share this Bill Clinton's Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet.
- Remove seeds from chilies, if desired.
- Chop chilies, then sauté with minced garlic in oil.
- Drain and break up tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Add tomatoes,1 teaspoon salt, oregano and reserved tomato liquid.
- Simmer, uncovered until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Remove sauce from skillet and set aside.
- Combine chicken with sour cream, cheese and remaining salt.
- Heat 1/3 cup oil.
- Dip tortillas in oil until they become limp.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture.
- Roll up.
- Arrange side by side, seam side down, in 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Pour chili sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake at 250 degrees F until heated through about 20 minutes.
Loved this recipe! So easy to put together, with the filling being thick & spreadable instead of thin & saucy. My only change was to use flour tortillas, as we don't eat the corn. The sauce was simple & delicious. Definitely a kid-friendly meal. Thanks for posting, lazyme! Made for Election Eats tag game.
This is fantastic! I have used this recipe for years. My family just loves it. Thanks for posting.